Crop Bioscience Solutions Ltd is a Tanzania first commercial Crop Biotech Company applying Bio –Tech techniques for mass multiplication of disease free , true to type elite clones of vegetative propagated crops. These Include: Banana, Cassava, Sweet potatoes, Irish Potato and Coffee.
The Company has modern biotech lab facility located at Loovilikuny -Kisongo CMC in Arusha, along Arusha – Babati Rd. The facility comprising of media preparation room, media store room, inoculation room, culture transfer room, sterilization area, washing area, and growth room fitted with automated temperature and humidity regulators. Hardening facilities and nurseries are built on 2 acre plot.
Crop Bioscience is committed to the supply of high quality, disease free and true to type elite clones
Project Portfolio under implementation
- Sustainable Seed Potato Value Chain in Partnership with AGRA –SSTP program
- Production and adoption of Tissue Culture Banana and Orange Fleshed sweet potato
- New Cassava varieties and Clean seed to Combat CBSD and CMD(5CP) in partnership with IITA
- Keeping disease free sweet potato vines to farmers in partnership with LZARDI –Ukiriguru
- Mass production of coffee hybrid varieties using somatic embryogenesis in partnership with TaCRI
Concept note under Development
- Delivering Disease free TC banana seedlings ( matoke type) to Kagera region farmers to address Banana Bacteria Wilt (BBW).
- Production of microbio inoculants for leguminous crops.
Our vision: To be a lead contributor in unlocking Africa agricultural potential
Mission: To Deliver High Quality Vegetative Seed materials that will reduce or eliminate constraints to crop productivity caused by diseases, pests organisms, and environmental stresses.
Our Core Values:
- Innovative and creativity
- Science and technology excellence
- Professional services to farming communities, especially small holder farmers.